Hi, I'm Tobias and I'm a software developer located in south germany. Most time of my carreer I worked on Java based applications, but currently I'm making an excursion into the world of SAP and ABAP. Software development is my passion and I love creating usable and helpful products with high quality.
What have I done so far?
These are my previous professional stations with the activities performed there.
- SAP Inhouse Consultant / Developer @ Metawell GmbH since 01.2022
- Development of customer-specific programs and extensions in ABAP / ABAP OO
- Development and extension of SmartForms and SAPScript formulars
- 2nd level support for internal customers
- Internal process consulting
- Coordination of external service providers
- System Administrator / Software Developer @ Metawell GmbH from 07.2021 until 12.2021
- Establishment of an internal software development process
- Building a Continuous Delivery pipeline for Java, Ruby and Python projects
- Development of applications using Java, Ruby on Rails and Python 3
- Administration of several virtual machines and the deployed software
- Consultant @ INNOQ Deutschland GmbH from 10.2018 until 07.2021
- Development of internal and customer software with Java, Kotlin, Spring Boot, Python and Flask
- Coaching on topics like agile software development and software quality
- Backend Developer @ MediaMarktSaturn IT Services GmbH from 07.2018 until 10.2018
- Development of the new POS system with Java, Spring Boot and Java EE
- Development of BPMN processes handled by the backend
- HTTP API design with Swagger
- Software Developer @ Pentasys AG (now AUSY Technologies Germany) from 07.2016 until 06.2018
- Development of web applications using Java, Spring, Apache Wicket and several more
- Software Developer @ Media-Saturn IT Services Gmbh from 01.2015 until 06.2016
- Development of an internal ERP-like application using Java and Swing as client framework
- Maintenance of smaller web applications located in the department
- 3rd Level support for internal customers
- Apprenticeship as IT Specialist / system integration @ Media-Saturn Deutschland GmbH from 09.2012 until 01.2015
Some Open Source engagements
These are some Open Source projects where I am / was participating.
Since 2019 I'm involved in Eclipse Krazo, the Jakarta MVC reference implementation. I started as contributor and got elected as a Commiter in late 2019.
GitHub Link to Eclipse Krazo
Besides working on the reference implementation Eclipse Krazo, I'm also participating in the development of Jakarta MVC, the associated specification. Most contributions to this project were tutorials and documentation as well as some talks in german Java User Groups. Since 2021 I'm a Committer for this project too.
GitHub Link to Jakarta MVC
During spring 2021 I couldn't find a good dashboard providing me the latest COVID seven day incidences. They were relevant for knowing which rules had to be followed in which county or town. Therefore I wrote a small webapp using latest Jakarta EE technology which read the API that was also utilized by the official RKI dashboard. The webapp is published and accessible under covidboard.de.
Attention: It's possible that covidboard.de is shut down in the near future and this site won't be up to date anymore.
GitHub Link to covidboard
The cards42.org project wants to help software developer and architects to think about specific aspects of their software architecture. I participated there a lot as writer for card descriptions and did some performance tuning on the website.
GitHub Link to cards42